Coronavirus / Covid-19 The Hut is currently still closed for Groups. Clubs or individuals with future bookings may cancel and receive a full refund of any deposit or postpone to a later date
ABMSAC/AC Members can click Here for information about current (limited) availability
Online Booking see How it Works (when we are COVID free)
- The George Starkey Hut in The Lake District provides premier, bunkhouse style, accommodation managed jointly by ABMSAC and the Alpine Club.
There are 22 beds which can be booked by recognised clubs and organisations. See current Availability
To request a booking go to online booking These beds, all bunks, are in 2 dormitories: “Men” (14 beds) and “Women” (8 beds). The Male/Female segregation is optional and up to the discretion of the Booker.
The “Members Room” has a further 8 bunk beds which can be booked online by members of ABMSAC and the Alpine Club.
Children under 18
– for non members see our Child Protection Policy
– for members see Child Protection Policy | Members
- There are excellent opportunities for walking, scrambling, rock and winter climbing, fell running and mountain biking, directly from the door and further afield, and water sports on Ullswater. See more info in about and local services.
- George Starkey Hut Contacts
- Paul Hudson: Group Bookings email@example.com
- Tim Ratcliffe: Member Bookings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hut Warden : Marian Parsons email@example.com
- Webmaster: Ian Mateer
GSHL Chair: Tony Westcott
GSHL Company Sec: John Evans.